Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas and Snow Fun!

For Christmas, my husband bought me this book called Tonight You Are My Baby: Mary's Christmas Gift by Jeannine Q. Norris 2008. The illustrations are warm and soft, and it is yet another story that helps us better understand why we celebrate Christmas.

Here is an excerpt.

"You are my beautiful gift from God above, And to you I give a mother's forever love. In this moment I feel what all mothers know--To hold you close and never want to let go. Tomorrow you will be King, but tonight you are my baby."
And so the story continues with a repetitious "Tomorrow you will be King, but tonight you are my baby.

At my new job, my wonderful coworkers decided that we would be each other's Secret Santa's. My Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner which also happens to be a New York Times Bestseller. It's a wonderful fictitious tale about why snowmen may look at little droopy the day after you created him....it's because they play with other snowmen at night! Mark Buehner is the illustrator and is known for hiding images in all of his pictures. As you turn the pages over and over, help your child find these hidden pictures.
Secret Santa gave me her favorite book entitled,

Thirdly, my two favorite pastor's kids gave me The Little Drummer Mouse by Mercer Mayer. It's funny to think how many children's stories and movies feature mice and yet in reality most children and adults wouldn't consider them cute! But who can't love the mice from Cinderella, Fievel of An American Tale, Jerry of Tom and Jerry, and of course MICKEY and MINNIE! For some reason it's fun to think of little creatures having little families and playing in their little homes. I also love the story The Town and the Country Mouse. Hmmm, it sounds like I need to do a post of children's books about mice!
But alas, The Little Drummer Mouse is of course a version of The Little Drummer Boy.

No comments: