Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Celebrity Pick: Madonna



You may be thinking, what could I possibly want my child to learn from Madonna...but I'll tell you a couple of her children's books are very suitable for children. You might say she was inspired by her Kabbala religion, but the principles found in some of her books are basic moral principles of humility, respect, and honesty.

The first book is called The English Roses which is more appropriate for children about 6+ years old. It's about 4 really good friends who call themselves the English Roses. They met a girl who was beautiful and seemed perfect. They were envious of her and made many judgments. One of the girl's mother encouraged them to befriend her because she seemed very lonely. The girls all have the same dream about her and realized they misjudged her, and they become friends.


Mr. Peabody's Apples is a book even my husband compliments as a story with a great lesson for children and adults about the power of our words and harm we can cause people when we gossip or make judgments about people without having all of the facts. We can cause a lot of damage to a person's reputation if we aren't careful about our words.

I've reviewed some others but wouldn't say they were worth mentioning. I'll let you know if I like any future books. I actually bought the Mr. Peabody's Apples book because I thought it was such a good story.

No comments: