Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Piano Lessons

I had piano lessons as a child and of course never wanted to practice. I wish I had because I married a wonderful pianist. At least I can hear him play now, and he'll be able to teach our children how to play.

My niece and nephew have been taking piano lessons,and I'm so pleased because I think they'll be really glad they had that when they are adults. This book reminds me of my nephew because he got nervous at his recitals. I remember how nervous I got before my recitals.

Song of Middle C by Alison McGhee, Illustrated by Scott Menchin, 2009 is a picture book about a little girl who goes to her piano lessons and has to do a recital. Of course she had the very last song and had to wait for everyone else to finish. She got a little nervous at first and made some mistakes, but her lucky hat, shoes and underwear helped her out!

This is the perfect book for any child who plays the piano and would be a good book to add to your collection.

No comments: