Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bible Stories


When I was a child, my father bought my sister, brother and me the Arch Books which are Bible stories for children. They have been around for over 35 years.

When I think of other Christian books I had as a child, they were mostly cheesy and too wordy for children's books. These Arch Books aren't cheesy but have great pictures that I remember to this day, and they don't cost very much money. You will find they cost under $3.00 a piece. I don't know any other books you can find today that are that cheap. You can still find these books at your local Christian book store or on Amazon of course.

My favorites from childhood were:

Samson's Secret
The Boy Who Gave His Lunch Away
Jon and the Little Lost Lamb
The Inkeeper's Daughter


At the end of each story was a message to parents which further explained the story, gave scripture verses and helped give parents a lesson to teach their child.









No comments: