Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Baby! Baby!

We started consistently reading the same book before every nap and bedtime to our baby at 10 months. I started "showing" him the book Baby! Baby! by Vicky Ceelen, and I wrote "showing" because it's a wordless board book. He didn't push it away or interupt me from reading it like other board books, so I continued using it.

I tried the same two books every time, but he didn't seem into the second book, so we dropped it from the routine. I think that's good for now because he doesn't have that long of an attention span any way.

He smiles when we start this book and is very familiar with the pictures now. This unique book has photographs of similar facial expressions with animal expressions. When we turn the pages, I read "puppy, baby", "froggy, baby", "caterpillar, baby". I know the book is called Baby! Baby! but I don't want to say "baby" 22 times.

I received this book as a gift from the Grand Rapids Public Library when my son was born. I didn't think it was going to be one of the first favorites, but it sure is and will always hold a special place in my heart!

No comments: