Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle's First Readers

One of the most popular board books sold for newborn babies is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? In addition to it being a favorite gift to give and receive, it also comes in a My First Reader format, although the words are the same. Then there are three additional books that follow the same exact format. The My First Reader versions also include additional pages and activities for parents and teachers to help the child learn, for example, there are a couple of pages that ask if the child can match the pictures of the red fox with the words "red fox" and so on.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
"I see a red bird looking at me. Red Bird, Red Bird what do you see? I see a yellow duck looking at me."

Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
"I see a bald eagle soaring by me. Bald Eagle, Bald Eagle, what do you see? I see a water buffalo charging by me."

Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
"I see a flying squirrel gliding by me. Flying Squirrel, Flying Squirrel, what do you see? I see a mountain goal climbing near me."

Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?

"I hear a lion roaring in my ear. Lion, Lion what do you hear? I hear a hippopotamus snorting in my ear."

These make great first readers because of the repetition, colorful illustrations, and diversity of animals and birds.

No comments: