Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Garden

My Garden by Kevin Henkes, 2010, is a sweet, imaginative picture book about a little girl who is her mother's helper in the garden. Then the little girl explains what it would be like if she had her OWN garden!

"There would be no weeds, and the flowers would keep blooming and blooming and never die...In my garden, the rabbits wouldn't eat the lettuce because the rabbits would be chocolate and I would eat them. If I planted seashells, I'd grow seashells. If I planted jelly beans, I'd grow a great big jelly bean bush."

This is a preschool age picture book but also would be great for any young child who either has a vivid imagination or helps out in the garden!

For more reviews on Henkes books like this, click here for Old Bear, here for A Good Day, and here for Little White Rabbit.

No comments: