Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Big Dipper

"The Big Dipper" by Franklyn M. Branley is a Let's Read-and-Find-Out Science Level 1 picture book. 

The Big Dipper is one constellation that I have been able to spot many times since I was child, and that is why this is a Level 1 science book because young little scientists can easily spot the Big Dipper. 



"I use a compass to help me find the Dipper. A compass points to the north. I hold a compass in my hand. Then I look in the direction that the compass needle points."

The book reviews different locations in the sky you can look to find the Big Dipper during different seasons, names the seven stars that make up the Big Dipper, describes the North Star and Little Dipper, and also Ursa Major and Ursa Minor. This is a really good introductory constellation book for young children. 



No comments: