Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Tooth Book

"The Tooth Book" by Dr. Seuss writing as Theo. LeSieg is a Bright and Early Book for Beginning Beginners.

This goofy book is all about teeth and has illustrations of humans and animals with teeth. Teeth are important for eating, smiling, and speaking. The importance of keeping those teeth healthy and clean is also included.

"Clams have no teeth,' says Pam the clam. 'I cannot eat hot dogs or ham.' 'No teeth at all,' says Pam the clam. 'I cannot eat roast leg of lamb. Or peanuts! Pizzas! Popcorn! SPAM! Not even huckleberry jam!"

Side Note: I just have to mention (because it's my blog) that the illustrations are not my favorite. They are bright and bold which is fine but the human illustrations are highly exaggerated and make the people look ugly and a little frightening. I would recommend this for children past the preschool stage. They add to the humor in the book, but it's just not my style I suppose. I compare it to The Eye Book authored and illustrated by the same people, and it is not like that at all. The Eye Book would be considered a preschool age book.

There are also books called The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss and The Ear Book by Al Perkins both of which are also Bright and Early Books for Beginning Beginners. Both of these books would also be appropriate for preschool age and up.

No comments: