Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Jesus Loves Me

"Jesus Loves Me" illustrated by Tim Warnes is a picture song book great for any age.

Most of us know at least the first verse of Jesus Loves Me. This book uses the first verse and then two additional verses that I've never heard before. The illustrations show a bear family beginning with the Mommy bear reading the Bible to baby bear in bed. Then they show the whole bear family doing things together like gardening, fishing for supper, and playing together.

"Jesus loves me! This I know, as He loved so long ago. Taking children on His knee, saying, 'Let them come to Me.' Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so!"

Jesus loves us and is with us where ever we go and whatever we do. Just as our mother and father love us, God the Father loves us. On the back cover is a Bible verse that correlates with this bear story:


"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily BEARS our burdens." Psalm 68:19

No comments: