Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

"I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" by John Rox, illustrated by Bruce Whatley.

John Rox wrote this famous song that became a nationwide hit in 1953. Now you can enjoy this song with a picture book to go along.

A little girl's only request for a Christmas present is one real hippopotamus.

"I can see me now on Christmas morning, creeping down the stairs. Oh, what joy and what surprise when I open up my eyes to see my hippo hero standing there."

She saw a hippo at the zoo and has wanted one ever since. She already decided how she will take care of the hippo. And a great and silly illustration at the end of the book is the little girl riding with Santa in his sleigh with the hippo pulling the sleigh instead of reindeer. This is a great quirky book for young children to enjoy during the Christmas season.

No comments: