Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Green Eggs and Ham

"Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss

This is one of Dr. Seuss' most popular books, and one of the reasons is because it is great for picky eaters! Sam-I-am tries to convince the narrator of the story to eat green eggs and ham but the narrator refuses to eat them. The clincher is that he had never eaten them before, so he really didn't know if he wouldn't like them.

"Would you eat them in a box? Would you eat them with a fox?
Not in a box. Not with a fox. Not in a house. Not with a mouse. I would not eat them here or there. I would not eat them anywhere. I would not eat green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am."

Eventually, the narrator gives them a try and surprisingly likes green eggs and ham.

"Say! I like green eggs and ham! I do! I like them, Sam-I-am! And I would eat them in a boat. And I would eat them with a goat...And I will eat them in the rain. And in the dark. And on a train. And in a car. And in a tree. They are so good, so good, you see!"

No comments: