Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Jesus Loves Me

Jesus Loves Me by Dandi Daley Mackall is a beginning reader picture book I found at my library's used book section, and I love it. Initially I thought it was going to be a picture book based on the popular song, but it's not. 

"Morning. Noon. Late at night. Jesus loves me. I am all right. When I am sad, what does God say? Jesus loves me. I am okay. Up. Down. In. Out. Jesus loves me. There is no doubt."

The illustrations by Kathy Rogers are traditional and adorable. The story shows a little girl's day with her doggy at a picnic and playground, and also shows her waking up in the morning and going to sleep at night. 

"On the ground. In the air. If I stay, if I go, Jesus loves me. This I know."

There are more beginning readers like this listed in the back of the book. You can find some on Amazon too.

No comments: