Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

I Hear a Pickle

I Hear a Pickle (and Smell, See, Touch, and Taste It, Too!) by Rachel Isadora, 2016

This wonderful book about the 5 senses takes the reader through each sense with adorable illustrations and examples such as:

I Hear: "I hear the seagull. Caw caw!" and "I hear the traffic. Honk! Beep! Honk!"

I Smell: "I smell my big brother's smelly sneakers!" and "I don't smell. I have a cold. Aachoo!"

I See: "I see the airplane up so high" and "I don't see the flower grow!" 

I Touch: "I don't touch the cactus. Prickly!" and "I touch the lollipop. Sticky!"

I Taste: "I taste a jelly sandwich. I'm allergic to peanuts." and "I can't wait to taste the cake...after dinner!"

And to put it all together, at the end it says:

I taste the pickle.It's sour.I smell the pickle.It's spicy.I see the pickle.It's green.I touch the pickle. It's slippery.I hear the pickle...CRUNCH!
I highly recommend this book for preschoolers and early elementary age children.

No comments: